Thursday 11 May 2017

Gotarrendura to Arevalo 28kms

Gotarrendura to Arevalo 28kms

My Norwegian friend left earlier than me this morning and he is walking the Levante so I don't expect to see him again so fortunately I could walk solo. I'm happy to meet with others at the end of the day but I do prefer walking by myself. Left at 0730 and arrived at 1300. Good walk today, especially the last 15kms or so which was through a wonderful pine forest. The pines are being farmed for their sap as each one has a container on it to collect the sap. Also, many of these pines have mistletoe growing in them, it is very unusual to see it grow in pines in U.K. After about 5kms into the pines the camino arrows try to take you towards the road which I did want to do. I knew that there was a river valley to my left that went to Arevalo so decided to ignore the arrows and take an alternative route next to the valley! This worked out well as I stayed in the forest for an extra 5kms. Tomorrow should Medina del Campo. Camino signs out of town are confusing, glad I scouted the way out this afternoon. Feels like the weather is changing!

No comments:

Post a Comment