Monday 24 April 2017

Sax to Caudete via Villena 29kms

Sax to Caudete via Villena 29kms


Out at 0730 and arrived at 1230. Hot today and had used all my water in the water sac by the time I arrived. However, I still had a litre in reserve. Unusually, I had a coffee before I left sax and a coffee and tostada in Villena - I must me getting soft! Track was simple today, well marked and flat - too flat really as I hate seeing my destination when it's more than 15kms away! More general agricultural on the way and plenty of wild flowers still out. Unfortunately, it is a fiesta here today so little if anything is open. On the bright side there is a fridge full of beer in the AdP!Staying in my first AdP for this Camino and it's fairly typical. In an old church building with bunk beds and a single shower. However, at the moment I'm the only one there but I'm told another person is expected later. So far this Camino is definitely not crowded. There have only 2 others here this week and it would seem only 3 English people in 5 years! Tomorrow I should see the little red elephants of the Camino Anibal!

1 comment:

  1. Having completed the Frances in Dec 21, the VdlP in Jun this year - I'm sort of dreading our push for '24 on the Portuguese. I suspect numbers out of Lisbon will be to our liking, but from Porto...well not looking forward to the crowds. I'm thinking the Sureste in '25 will (like the Vdlp) be very much to our liking if we can crack the accommodation challenge. If albergue 'crowds' are minimal....shouldn't be a problem where hotel/pension digs are not available.

    ReplyDelete