Tuesday 3 May 2016

AdC to Fuenterroble de Salvatierra 39 km

AdC to Fuenterroble de Salvatierra about 39 km.  In a religious hostel that hold 70 and there is communal meal tonight. Run by the local parish priest who is a bit of a legend on the Camino. It's 'donativo' which means you should give what you can afford and as the place does a lot of good works for the region  i chose to give more than my usual. Mostly a god walk today.  First 9 km was on road and not too nice but great after that until towards the end I slipped off a stepping stone.  One wet foot so changed my sock. 10 km later the track turned into a muddy pond with walls either side so had to change socks again! Walked with the snow capped mountain on my right hand side for most of the day and the landscape is scattered with very large rocks. One of them fell of the hillside a few years ago and crushes a house. Luckily, no one was hurt. Plan a couple of shorter hikes tomorrow and the next day  to Salamanca as I need to get some stuff in the city. Think I have booked a nice room in the central square for 22 euros on booking.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment