Wednesday 18 July 2012

Well the decision is made and I intend to walk the Camino Norte starting 15 Sept. I will be walking with another friend called Mike Smith who I think really wanted to go on my last trip but did not say!!  We plan to stay at the Albergue Martindozenea in Irun for the first night and then take the stroll from there.  Not certain how we will get from Biarritz to Irun yet but we can always walk as we have most of the day free!  I do not intend to make any detailed plans beyond this other than to walk every day………….

5 comments:

  1. Oh My God!

    I wish we could meet again!!! I'll be on the Camino as well, starting the 7th September from Biarritz through Saint Jean and all the way to Santiago, Finisterra and Muxia. :-)
    I'll have a bit more time this year, I would really love to run into you at least for a short while. I still think of you quite often soldier! :-)

    Xoxo,
    Lena

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lena - Great to here from you and I would love to meet up again. However, we are starting about a week later than you and also intend to walk from the airport which will add another day to the trip. We fly into Biarritz at about 0930 on 15 Sep and at the moment hope to walk all the way on the North coast to Muxia and Finisterre. However, if things are too difficult we may cut down to the Camino Frances. I intend to update the blog as often as I can so you should be able to see where we are.

      Delete
  2. OMG can't believe you told everyone I am going, now I definitely can't duck out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just checked the map! Do you know how far this is?
    Never mind, so what about this support vehicle you want me to drive?

    ReplyDelete
  4. How far what is? Its just like eating an Elephant - a little bit at a time! You just walk a bit each day.

    ReplyDelete