Thursday 13 October 2011

Thurs 13 Oct - Now back in SdC ready to go to the airport tomorrow. As the airport is only 15kms away we thought we would walk there as it would be like a `normal' camino day before breakfast. However, we would have to leave at 0500 so we have decided to go by bus to the airport! Good 3.5 km walk up to Cape Finisterre yesterday evening and we took a small picnic and a bottle of wine. Did not have much as all of the shops were closed owing to the public holiday, but the bakers was open and we bought the wine from one of the bars (it only cost 4 euros!). Now Cape Finisterre is a very popular place with the pilgims, tourists and the locals. Also as it was a holiday there were probably more people up there than usual. Beside the expected tourist stores there is 1 bar - and as it was a holiday it was closed!!!!!! They really do miss every opportunity to make a good living. It was a fantastic sunset at about 2000 (pictures will be posted shortly) and one of the best I have seen. It was a crystal clear sky and you could still see the reflection of the sun on the sea after it had dropped below the horizon. To make it even more impressive there was a full moon last night so as the sun set in the west we could see the moon rise in the east - a magical moment. Walking back I was thinking about the past 32 days and that it is probably the most number of days in a row that I have walked in the moon light of a morning and the most sunrises I have seen in a row. More worringly, I have now probably had more moonlit walks with Ian than with Christa!! Caught the 0820 bus from Finistere this morning and it took 2 hours to get to SdC all for 12.50 euros. However, getting onto the bus ws the normal european scramble and chaos, I wish they would learn to queque. Have bought my 'local' cheese and a few other bits so all ready for the trip home. This is about the last post for this hike (more hikes to come may be?). I will post the phots shortly and I will probably post a short summary after I get home. Buon Camino!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you had lovely evening, I wish I had been there. What luck you have had 5 weeks walking without any rain!
    See you tomorrow Christa

    ReplyDelete