Wednesday 14 September 2011

Wed 14 Sep - I think a theme is developing.  Bed at 2220 (later than usual but then we got told off by matron for staying up..... we were watching Chalet Girl on my Archos.) up at 0600, even tho the wine was good last night - 7 at the table with 2 bottles but unfortunately only Ian and I to drink it and someone came over and gaves us another one (is that a reputation????) and off at 0630 in the moon light.  Don`t know what we will do when the full moon has gone or it is cloudy!  A good days walk of about 20 km plus 4 for the detour to see the `famous` 8 sided hermitage at Eunate - the hermit was out - probably because he was fed up with 300 plus pilgrims and 10 coaches visiting every day.  Talking of coaches, don´t you just hate it when you have walked 18 km to vist a special place to find a coach full of tourists pulling up 2 mins before you and filling the place!!!!!!!!!!! Ended the day at Puente La Reina at the Albergue de Peregrinos (last time i am typing that in full so in future either hostel or AdP) Santiago Apostol.  One of the best so far at 8 euros for the night plus 10 for the 3 course pilgrims menu with a flask of wine for dinner.  Best of all there is a pool!!!!  I can tell you that I have paid good money for holidays with a worse set up than this place - for further details as Christa about Turkey........ As a minmor note my few weeks of  basic Spanish have paid off as the other night Ian (Bilbo) went to the bar to order 2 beers and some rolls and the lady behinh the bar just looked at him and said No.... then turned to me and said ´get your friend to order as he can speak Spanish!!!!!!   So in my far less than perfect Spanish I say ´2 beers please my friend will pay´ priceless.  That is about it for now.  Feet and body still all seem fine and the hostellier last night thought that if we had survived the first 3 days we should be OK.  However, we will still be carefull and keep to the books plan of around 20 to 30 km a day.

P.S I should mention that Ian is not the only 1 to leave items behind as I left my shower bobble thingy for soaping off somewhere............. Still the Fairy soap and hands seem OK.

1 comment:

  1. How did you manage to persuade the Chalet Girl to sit on your Archos?

    ReplyDelete